We are pleased to announce two great opportunities to network with business students:
Accounting Career Fair
September 10, 2014
University Plaza Convention Center
Noon to 3 p.m.
College of Business Career Fair
September 30, 2014
University Plaza Convention Center
10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Employers: Why should you attend one or both Fairs?
- As the largest public College of Business in the central Midwest, Missouri State COB has 4,800+ students (and potential employees) ready to meet you.
- Our business students are coached in professionalism prior in the fair and you will notice the difference.
- We offer 20 different degree options including accounting, logistics and supply chain management, computer information systems, finance, marketing, management, fashion merchandising, sales, advertising, construction and technology management, interior design and many more.
- Missouri State offers on-campus interview space following both fairs. To schedule space just contact the Career Center at (417) 836-5636.
- Missouri State is a short drive from many major metropolitan cities including St. Louis, Kansas City and Tulsa.
Cost and payment
$450 – Corporate Rate for one fair
$300 – First Time Corporate Rate – if you have never attended a Career Fair at MSU, we welcome you to try us out.
$250 - Government or Non-Profit Rate for one fair
Or for just $500 you can attend both Fairs.
- (1) 6’ x 30” skirted table, (2) chairs, wastebasket
- (2) luncheon/refreshment reservations – additional representatives can be added for $25 a person
- Electricity is provided but extension cords will not. Cords available for $20 each or you are welcome to bring your own.
- Free W-Fi will be available for all employer representatives.
To Register: If you already have an MSU Job Tracks account please login to Job Tracks link found on the right. Search events for “Career Day” and the events will appear. If you are new to campus, contact Vickie Hicks at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how to register. You can pay via check or online using a credit card.
Staying overnight – Both Career Fairs will be held at the University Plaza Convention Center, if you wish to reserve a room at the University Plaza hotel please call 417-864-7333 or visit their website at www.upspringfield.com
Sample employer comments
Here is a sample of employer comments from some of the 100 employers that attended COB Career Fair 2013
“We were extremely pleased with the traffic at our booth! Many of the students mentioned they had been briefed about our company prior to the career fair and they seemed very excited to meet with us.”
“I really appreciated all the professors walking the show and talking to the employers. I thought the students were all very well prepared and professional. Great career fair!!”
“The fair was VERY well done, we felt welcome and appreciated and I know that your staff went above and beyond in every detail. THANK YOU for a job well done!”
“Appreciated the pre-fair unloading and post-fair loading help from your student helpers. Check-in process was easy; appreciated faculty and Career Services visits to our booth during the day. Cupcakes, gift bag and personal note from Dean of Business were thoughtful differentiators. Appreciate the relationship and plan to continue with MSU.”
“Very well done. We were very satisfied with the level of service by those working, the dedication of the professors to help their students, and the level of professionalism shown by the majority of the students.”
For more information about the 2014 College of Business Career Fairs:
Vickie Hicks, Corporate Relations Specialist