Corporate Mentor Program
The Missouri State College of Business Corporate Mentor program connects students with professionals in the greater Springfield business community to foster professional development. Professional Mentors work with Student Mentees for one academic year on various professional skills and assist with career exploration. Mentors and Mentees meet once a month at structured and unstructured events on campus and within the community.
Applications have closed for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Students Mentee applicants must:
- Be a business major in good academic standing.
- Be entering their sophomore, junior or senior year.
- Be a first-generation student or a member of an underrepresented population.
- Participate in a required interview.
- Participate in a required Student Mentee orientation.
- Commit to participating in the program until May 2019.
Student Mentee Timeline for 2018-2019
- March 19 – Student Mentee application available
- April 20 – Student Mentee application deadline
- April 23-27– Interviews
- May 3 – Selected Student Mentees announced
- September TBA – Required Student Mentee Orientation
- September 27 – Meet Your Mentor Kick-Off Reception
- October 2018-May 2019 - Monthly interaction with assigned Mentor
Interested in being a mentor? Contact Melissa Price at MelissaPrice@MissouriState.edu