The Missouri State College of Business Corporate Mentor program connects students with professionals in the greater Springfield business community to foster professional development. Professional Mentors work with Student Mentees for one academic year on various professional skills and assist with career exploration. Mentors and Mentees meet once a month at structured and unstructured events on campus and within the community.
Student Mentee applicants must:
- Be a business major in good academic standing.
- Be entering their sophomore, junior or senior year.
- Be a first-generation student or a member of an underrepresented population.
- Participate in a required Participation Session.
- Participate in a required Student Mentee Orientation.
- Commit to participating in the program through May 2021.
Student Mentee Timeline for 2020-2021
- March 2 – Student Mentee application available
- April 24 – Student Mentee application deadline
- April 28- May 8: Notification of Application Status and attend a required Participation Session
- September TBA – Required Student Mentee Orientation
- September TBA – Required Meet Your Mentor Kick-Off Reception
- October 2020-May 2021 - Monthly interaction with assigned Mentor
Interested in serving as a mentor? Contact Melissa Price at MelissaPrice@MissouriState.edu
2020-2021 Corporate Mentor Application