The Missouri State College of Business Corporate Mentor program connects students with professionals in the greater Springfield business community to foster professional development. Professional Mentors work with Student Mentees for one academic year on various professional skills and assist with career exploration. Mentors and Mentees meet once a month at structured and unstructured events on campus and within the community.
Student Mentee applicants must:
- Be a business major in good academic standing.
- Be entering their sophomore, junior or senior year.
- Be a first-generation student or a member of an underrepresented population.
- Participate in a required Participation Session.
- Participate in a required Student Mentee Orientation.
- Commit to participating in the program until May 2020.
Student Mentee Timeline for 2019-2020
- March 18 – Student Mentee application available
- May 8 (extended deadline) – Student Mentee application deadline
- April 26- May 9: Notification of Application Status
- Attend a required Participation Session
- September TBA – Required Student Mentee Orientation
- September TBA – Required Meet Your Mentor Kick-Off Reception
- October 2019-May 2020 - Monthly interaction with assigned Mentor
Interested in serving as a mentor? Contact Melissa Price at MelissaPrice@MissouriState.edu