The Missouri State University College of Business provides a unique project opportunity for area businesses. These company consulting engagements are made up of graduate student teams directed by a College of Business professor. Fundamental aspects are:
- Students work with companies to evaluate key business areas and create implementable business solutions in a semester based project class.
- Each consulting project is specifically tailored to real-world challenges that the business is facing, enabling students to use their skills and education to provide the company with a plan to achieve success as it relates to their company and industry.
- Projects are reviewed by the applicable skills required and teams are selected with the essential skill sets. Teams are typically made up of 4-5 students.
- The MSU College of Business offers this opportunity in the fall and spring semesters. Companies are selected many months prior to the engagement and are reviewed on a first come, first serve basis.
Examples of Consulting Projects
- Financial Analysis and/or Forecasting
- Strategic Marketing Plan
- Product Assessment and Evaluation
- Evaluation of Accounting and Budgeting System
- Market Analysis
- Strategic Growth and Sales Plan
- Feasibility Study for New Project, Service, or Location
- Product assessment and evaluation with brand identity
- Key performance indicators identification, analysis, and plan
- Assessment and evaluation of current marketing strategies
- New staff recruitment and employee training
The consulting project participants agree to the following:
- The company/organization will provide the information needed to do the project.
- Consulting team and faculty will sign a non-disclosure agreement.
- The company/organization acknowledges that this assistance does not imply any endorsement of the Missouri State University College of Business.
- The company/organization waives all claims against the MSU consulting team, faculty, as well as the Missouri State College of Business arising from this assistance.