Experiential Learning for Graduate Students
Examples of Consulting Projects
- Financial Analysis and/or Forecasting
- Strategic Marketing Plan
- Product Assessment and Evaluation
- Evaluation of Accounting and Budgeting System
- Market Analysis
- Strategic Growth and Sales Plan
- Feasibility Study for New Project, Service, or Location
- Product assessment and evaluation with brand identity
- Key performance indicators identification, analysis, and plan
- Assessment and evaluation of current marketing strategies
- New staff recruitment and employee training
Experiential Learning MKT 796 Class Details
- The classes are offered for three hours of graduate credit as MKT 796 Independent Study and ACC 796 Independent Study (permissions required).
- The classes are offered in the Fall and Spring.
- While these classes are identified as independent studies, the class does have an instructor to guide the students through the project. In addition, the students are required to have weekly meetings with the instructor.
- Teams are typically made up of 4-5 graduate students.
- A brief interview is required prior to the class in order to best match students' educational background and work/organizational experiences to the potential projects.
- The class centers on a "real world" company/organization project that the students detail in an engagement letter with the final deliverable being a report and presentation.
- Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) are signed.
To learn more about the project based learning class, please contact Dr, Elizabeth Rozell, Associate Dean and MBA Program Director - ERozell@MissouriState.edu or Dr. Ismet Anitsal, Department Head of Marketing - IAnitsal@missouristate.edu.
Learn more and apply